Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WordParty Poetry Challenge - Writing Prompt #17

Day 17
Erasures
by Ingrid


Erasure poetry is created by taking text and editing it into a poem. 


A few years ago I endeavored to do this with Poet & Editor of Wave Books, Joshua Beckman as a nontraditional interview and his poetic response. (Unfortunately this info was housed on our old website so I cannot link to it, but if you would a copy of the interview & pdf of the response, please email me and I'll forward it).


Wave Books has a great method for doing this online on their website. Another option would be to take an actual text and paint or whiteout the words on the page you don't want to use for the poem. I've seen poets make visual poetry in this way, using the book as an art poetry piece. 


Most of all, have fun! 


Cheers,
Ingrid
ingrid_keir@yahoo.com